|Free Legal Assistance for Assisted Living Residents, Families, and Small Providers|
The Legal Aid Bureau, Inc. has received grant funding to provide free legal assistance to assisted living residents in Maryland. Help is available if you:
- Are thinking about moving to an assisted living home
- Are resident of an assisted living home
- Meet established financial eligibility requirements
- Have a legal question or concern
Small assisted living providers may also request free legal assistance.
The Legal Aid Bureau may be able to help you with the following types of problems or concerns:
- Admission agreement contracts
- Quality of care issues
- Involuntary discharges and transfers
- Resident rights
- Advance directives
- Staff duties and responsibilities
- Billing disputes
- Cost and payment issues
- Understanding state assisted living regulations
- Medicare and Medical Assistance eligibility and coverage
- Health care decision documents etc.
Help is available Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
You may call:
410-296-6705 in the Baltimore Metropolitan area; or 1-800-367-7563 toll free in Maryland
Assisted Living Project
Legal Aid Bureau, Inc.
29 W. Susquehanna Avenue
Towson, MD 21204-5201