Instructions for Completion of the Application
- If you would like to print the application and complete it by hand please click on the link indicating the PDF version of the document. Complete the application and you may mail it in.
- If you would like to type in your responses on the electronic version of the application, you may do so by modifying the Microsoft Word version of the document. Please complete the following instructions listed below. (Note – this option requires the Microsoft Word software)
Please Click on the MS Word version of the document with your RIGHT Mouse button. From the popup menu that appears select the “Save Target As…” option. This will prompt you to designate the area on your hard drive where you would like to save the file. Select the folder on your hard drive where you would like to save the file and then click the Save button. Once the document has been saved, you will be prompted to open the document if you choose to do so. You can either open the document now or at a later time when you wish to make changes.
Open the document in Microsoft Word and input your information into the application.
Once you have completed the application please print the application and mail two
copies to Mr. Ahmed Awad: additionally e-mail a copy of the application to Mr. Awad (the narrative part on Microsoft Word format not PDF
) and the appropriate administration contact (please see the list on page 2 of the application) save the document for your record.Schedule
- The annual due date for applications is early April. (Applications will be available in February 2015.) Please note: The date has passed for submitting applications for FY 2016 grant funds ( i.e., grant funds available after July 1, 2016).
- Applications are reviewed by:
- Department of Health and Mental Hygiene
- Department of Budget and Management
- Governor's Office
- Approved projects are included in the Governor's budget released in January.
- During the legislative session, the Maryland General Assembly votes on the Governor's capital budget
- Capital grant funds are available in July for projects that are approved by the legislature.
Agencies must provide one (or more) of the following services:
- Services to individuals with developmental disabilities, mental illness, or addictions.
- Federally Qualified Health Centers
- Agencies must be nonprofit organizations, counties, or municipalities.
- Agencies must provide services that are a priority for DHMH administrations.
Projects must be for one (or more) of the following:
- Architectural design
- Construction and/or renovation of a building
- Acquisition of a building
Grant Limitations and ProvisionsSee applicable statutes and regulations below.
Statute and RegulationsCommunity Mental Health, Addictions, and Developmental Disabilities Facilities:&Health General Article 24-601 through 24-607C.O.M.A.R. Title 10, Subtitle 08, Chapter 02Federally Qualified Health Centers:
For further information, assistance, or a grant application, contact:
Administrator, General Obligation Bond Program