1. May 20, 2014 (1:00-2:30), Dix Building Basement Conference Room: At this introductory meeting we will be discussing the Workgroup’s:
(1) mandate and topics for discussion;
(2) future meeting schedule; and
(3) process for stakeholder comment and participation.(3) process for stakeholder comment and participation.
2. May 29, 2014 (1:30 – 3:30), Rice Auditorium: Who should the target demographic be for new services? What criteria should be used when determining program eligibility?
3. June 11, 2014 (10:00 – 12:00), Rice Auditorium: What outpatient services should be available, as part of an outpatient civil commitment program, and what are program costs for these outpatient services? What is the Department’s ability to secure federal funding for these services? What are the potential costs to other state agencies?
4. June 24, 2014 (2:00 – 4:00), Dix Building Basement Conference Room: What services can individuals voluntarily access in the community, and how can they be enhanced? What are program costs for these outpatient services? How can we modify program criteria to increase access to these services in the community setting? What is the Department’s ability to secure federal funding for these services? What are the potential costs to DHMH and other state agencies?
5. July 9, 2014 (9:30 – 11:30), Rice Auditorium: What data is needed for current and new programming? How can the Department monitor program implementation to avoid racial bias and health disparities and promote parity/access across the state (between urban and rural communities)? What should Departmental reporting requirements include?
6. July 23, 2014 (9:30 – 11:30), Rice Auditorium: What is the potential role of the Judiciary and the Office of Administrative Hearings? What are the rights of individuals who receive treatment involuntarily?
7. August 8, 2014 (9:00 – 11:00), Rice Auditorium: This meeting will focus on dangerousness. The workgroup will evaluate the dangerousness standard for involuntary admissions and emergency evaluations.
8. August 21, 2014 (9:30 – 11:30), Rice Auditorium: Wrap up meeting for any outstanding topics that need to be discussed.